Terms & Conditions
Use of our Website and our Tools
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term 'Churchill' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of this website. Our registered office is Unit 6, 99 Crombie Road, Torry, Aberdeen, AB11 9QQ. Our company registration number is SC240299. You can contact us through the contacts section of this website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change or removal without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of Scotland and shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction, unless as at the date of formation of any agreement with you either i) the laws of Scotland would not be upheld in the Courts in the your stated country location; ii) a Scottish judgment could not be enforced in your stated country location; or iii) it would take six months or more for Churchill to enforce a Scottish judgment in the your stated country location, then it is hereby agreed that these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of your stated country (or state if applicable) and its courts. Notwithstanding any of the above, this clause is governed by the laws of Scotland.
This Policy summarises the key points about how Churchill Drilling Tools collects, uses and discloses personal data and ensures compliance with the laws and regulations throughout the world where we operate.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to our successful operation and to maintaining confidence between us and those with whom we carry out business. We will ensure that we treat personal information lawfully and correctly.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
“Personal data” is information that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that information, for example, a person’s name, identification number, location, online identifier. It can also include pseudonymised data.
We are the data controller of the personal data we process and therefore are responsible for ensuring our systems, processes, suppliers and our people comply with data protection laws in relation to the information we handle.
The company’s core principles provide that personal data must:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully and to the extent required under local law, with valid and informed consent;
- Be obtained for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes;
- Be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of for which it is being used;
- Be kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay;
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose;
- Be processed in accordance with the rights of individuals;
- Be kept secure to prevent unauthorised processing and accidental loss, damage or destruction by using appropriate technical or organisation measures; and
- Not be transferred to, or accessed from another jurisdiction where these core principles cannot be met unless adequately protected.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
As a company, the type of data we collect and process falls into one of the following categories:
- Personal data relating to subscribers to our newsletters and other promotional materials;
- Personal data obtained and created in relation to provision of our products and services;
- Personal data relating to our people.
The company may be required to disclose certain data to third parties, these disclosures will be made only when strictly necessary for the purpose.
Personal data must be processed in line with individuals' rights, including the right to:
- Request a copy of their personal data;
- Request that their inaccurate personal data is corrected;
- Request that their personal data is deleted and destroyed when causing damage or distress; and
- Opt out of receiving electronic communications from the firm.
Should you wish to make a request in line with your rights as an individual, please forward it to our appointed Compliance Officer email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring the security of the personal data we hold. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
TRANSFER OF DATA BETWEEN JURISDICTIONS
As an international company, personal data may be transferred between our various offices worldwide (as listed on www.circsub.com) due to, for example, our shared IT systems and/or cross border working. We also use a number of suppliers in connection with the operation of our business and they may have access to the personal data we process. When contracting with suppliers and/or transferring personal data to a different jurisdiction, the firm takes appropriate steps to ensure that there is adequate protection in place and that the principles are adhered to.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive and helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. You can choose to accept or decline cookies by modifying your web browser settings. If you decline cookies, it may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Churchill owns and controls all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website. All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in and the material on our website are reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- you may stream audio and video files
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content, nor may you edit or otherwise modify any material from our website or transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Use of our Tools and Technology
By renting the products of Churchill Drilling Tools (Rentals) Ltd. you obtain a license to use our proprietary technology in your operations. The license will entitle you to deploy our equipment and/or hold it in contingency for deployment. You are licensed to enjoy these benefits on the basis that you observe and discharge your responsibilities in accordance with the applicable rental contract we have entered into with you.
Churchill offers products with the widest possible operating envelopes and these are specified in our operating instructions and data sheets. Should you enter into areas which are either beyond the limits specified or undefined in our documentation then you do so at your own risk. It is therefore recommended that, if you believe you may be operating outside of these parameters, you should contact us immediately. In such circumstances, any operating opinions or recommendations given by us are followed entirely at your own risk and we cannot bear any liability relating to your reliance on this advice, nor does it release you from any usage liability in our rental agreement.
Please note that whilst we warrant that the quality of our equipment is in accordance with our proprietary specifications and standards, we do not provide any form of warranty relating to its application and by accepting receipt of our equipment you are deemed to have accepted that it is satisfactory in every respect for the purposes for which you have ordered it. In addition, we are not responsible for any physical or environmental factors on the rig or well that might prevent a tool from achieving the desired function.
We will provide you with reasonable assistance and advice to deploy the tools optimally, however the actual deployment, the conditions encountered (and the benefits of success) are your responsibility.
Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
NOTHING WILL LIMIT OR EXCLUDE ANY LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM NEGLIGENCE OR FOR FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION; LIMIT ANY LIABILITIES IN ANY WAY THAT IS NOT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW; OR EXCLUDE ANY LIABILITIES THAT MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS GOVERN ALL LIABILITIES INCLUDING THOSE ARISING IN CONTRACT, IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) AND FOR BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN RESPECT OF ANY BUSINESS LOSSES, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROFITS, INCOME, REVENUE, USE, PRODUCTION, ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, BUSINESS, CONTRACTS, COMMERCIAL OPPORTUNITIES OR GOODWILL OR IN RESPECT OF ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE. IN ADDITION, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF ANY DATA, DATABASE OR SOFTWARE.
YOU ACCEPT THAT WE HAVE AN INTEREST IN LIMITING THE PERSONAL LIABILITY OF OUR OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES AND, HAVING REGARD TO THAT INTEREST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE ARE A LIMITED LIABILITY ENTITY; YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT BRING ANY CLAIM PERSONALLY AGAINST OUR OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSSES YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THIS WILL NOT, OF COURSE, LIMIT OR EXCLUDE THE LIABILITY OF THE LIMITED LIABILITY ENTITY ITSELF FOR THE ACTS AND OMISSIONS OF OUR OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES).