Repair and Maintenance Technician
Churchill Drilling Tools is a specialist oilfield service company that innovates performance enhancements for the industry. We are best known for our patented dart activated systems, but we also have many other unique technologies that improve performance and safety. Numerous operators rely on our service backed products to complete their projects, which are delivered from our regional hubs in Houston, Aberdeen and Abu Dhabi. We run a continuous process of product and application innovation and therefore need results orientated professionals to join our dynamic teams and support our growth. Churchill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an entrepreneurial work environment, with professional development, challenging careers, and very competitive compensation.
The role of Repair and Maintenance Technician is pivotal to the success of the company in ensuring the cost-effective supply of rental stock to meet customer requirements, both in the UK and overseas and in the facilitation of the development of new products.
The successful candidate will work in our Aberdeen workshop, reporting to the Operations Manager. There are opportunities to progress and travel overseas to support our Middle East and Houston bases. Please note there is no requirement for offshore travel in this role.
The main duties of the job are:
- To ensure the optimum readiness and QA of stock
- To accurately fulfil and despatch tools against internal order paperwork and procedures
- To facilitate/coordinate the return of tools into Quality Assured stock in the UK and overseas
- To coordinate the production and assembly of new tools within the QA system
- To report on stock availability and impending shortages and over-stock situations
- To train in accordance with the company training and competency programme.
- To train and evaluate other technicians to the Company’s QA standard both in the UK and overseas
- Advise on improvements to and adhere to the Company’s QHSE procedures
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to work individually or part of a team while displaying a positive attitude towards colleagues
- Hands on mechanical aptitude
- Forklift experience and licence would be advantageous although training will be given
- Knowledge of torquing operations would be advantageous
- Gantry crane experience would be beneficial although full training will be given
- Computer skills - a good level of proficiency in Excel, Word and ability to learn the company rental database
- Good communication skills are essential with the ability to presentation and transfer knowledge
- Full UK Driving Licence
To be considered for the position please apply here.