Dart Assembly Technician
Churchill Drilling Tools is a specialist oilfield service company that innovates performance enhancements for the industry. We are best known for our patented dart activated systems, but we also have many other unique technologies that improve performance and safety. Numerous operators rely on our service backed products to complete their projects, which are delivered from our regional hubs in Houston, Aberdeen and Abu Dhabi. We run a continuous process of product and application innovation and therefore need results orientated professionals to join our dynamic teams and support our growth. Churchill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an entrepreneurial work environment, with professional development, challenging careers, and very competitive compensation.
The tremendous demand for the wide array of darts that we offer means that we now creating a dedicated dart production line. Darts are small handheld assemblies and very different to the large downhole tool assemblies that conventional oil-field tool technicians generally work on. This role is an opportunity for an individual that is very comfortable assembling high quality handheld equipment to be a founder member of this dedicated production line. This experience does not need to have been in oil and gas, but in any operation requiring precision and detail with the type of intricate designs that will be involved. There will be considerable progression opportunities which would include working on other types of products and sub-assemblies.
The successful candidate will work in our Aberdeen workshop, reporting to the Operations Manager. There are opportunities to travel overseas to support our Middle East and Houston bases. Please note there is no requirement for offshore travel in this role.
Main tasks of job:
- Perform pre-assembly checks to ensure cost-effective production of dart stock.
- To coordinate and conduct the production of new darts and sub-assemblies within the QA system.
- To conduct the maintenance and repair of darts and sub-assemblies from active rental stock.
- To adhere to project timelines in order to meet internal customer requirements.
- To report any abnormalities or events which may impact project timelines.
- To maintain accurate and legible records within the QA system.
- To train in accordance with the company training and competency framework.
- To assist in the training of R&M Technicians on darts and sub-assemblies in accordance with the QA standard.
- Advise on improvements to current product procedures and processes.
- Advise on improvements to and adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety and Quality procedures.
Person Specification: Key Competencies, Skills, Experience and/or Training Requirements:
- Good team working skills (positive attitude towards colleagues).
- Self-motivated, ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude, high level of precision and dexterity.
- Forklift experience advantageous but not essential.
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Rental Database, etc.).
- Good communication and knowledge transfer skills.
Please apply here.